In December 2019, when a new type of “viral pneumonia” had just surfaced in Wuhan China, no one knew the disease would travel globally leaving a trail of fatalities in just one year. We have all had to change our ways of life in 2020 to cope with this devastation, but your overall musculoskeletal health does not have to suffer any longer.
From new appointment options to wearing a mask, here is what Superior Orthopedics is doing for our patients in 2021.
- E-VISITS- Superior Orthopedics is offering E-visits through the NextGen portal, Tele-visits (telephone) or even Zoom visits. When calling to schedule your appointment, ask about which option would be best for you. NextGen video chat is a great way to communicate with Dr. Spott and staff for your visit. You can find directions on how to access and navigate through the video setup on our webpage under the “E-Visit Instructions” tab at the top of the site. Keep in mind that a full orthopedic exam is always the best option for new patients, so in-person office visits are ideal for first time patients.
- Wearing a mask and glass barriers- You will find everyone in Dr. Spott’s office wearing a mask, and the front desk is behind glass. In order to minimalize contact, we have the highly recommended option of filling out all new patient forms online through our patient portal instead of in the office. Access to the patient portal can be found at the top of main page on website or by clicking on this link: https://www.yourhealthfile.com/portal/login.jsp
- Vaccinated! – All of the staff at Superior Orthopedics has been vaccinated against the COVID – 19 virus.
4. Disinfecting rooms- Between each patient we wipe down and sanitize all surfaces.
5. Surgery- Any patient that needs surgery is to go through a COVID screening test. For now, family members are allowed into the building but are asked to wait for their loved one outside of the building once surgery starts.
6. Outpatient Surgeries- Worried about staying overnight in the hospital but need a hip or knee total joint replacement to get back to your normal life? No worries, all total joints can be done in an outpatient setting. Plan a day with our office to have your surgery done and you will go home that same day!
-If you have any further questions, I am happy to help in any way I can. We are doing everything we can at Superior Orthopedics to ensure a safe and effective office visit with Dr. Spott and we hope to get your orthopedic issues resolved as soon as possible. Don’t forget that Dr. Spott treats: Backs, necks, hips, knees, arthritis, carpal tunnel, fractures, and many other musculoskeletal disorders.
Thank you for choosing Superior Orthopedics, and don’t forget to check in for updates, new blogs, and helpful information on the website or Facebook page!
*NEW- Find us on SnapChat – SuperiorOrtho
-Ariel P. Brazzale RN, BSN, CSFA